In this video, we take the interface we were working on in our previous video and put it into production.
Some of the topics covered in this tutorial include:
- The choice of milestone; the option of rigorous change control vs. more relaxed policy when deploying interfaces,
- how to use the iNTERFACEWARE HL7 Simulator to feed in data into your interface,
- how we see the related log entries,
- how to resubmit message, and
- how to turn a message in the logs into sample data for the Iguana Translator.
When we're done, we've successfully processed over 200 messages and automatically created records in our database for both the patient and next of kin information.